The Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) established Mananga Agricultural Management Centre in 1972 as an International Management Development Centre catering for middle and senior managers. Since then it has provided management training to over 5000 managers from Africa, the Caribbean, Pacific and Asian countries and managed human resources development projects within Southern African Development Community (SADC). Managed first as a direct CDC Project from London, Mananga now operates as a Limited Liability Company registered in Swaziland, under the name “Mananga Centre for Regional Integration and Management Development” (Swaziland Companies Act Reg. No.721/1997). It is a wholly African organization with a well-established network of associates, organisational and institutional collaborators in the SADC region, Africa and beyond.
In its history, Mananga has amply fulfilled its founder’s expectations and established itself as an African based world class center of excellence in management, providing relevant training and consulting services to organizations. Joint programs have been organized in conjunction with institutions like the EDI-World Bank, Royal Tropical Institute of Amsterdam, ISNAR, Oxford Policy Management, Silsoe College, ESAMI and several regional and national institutions. In support of its work, Mananga has had significant backing from the Netherlands Government, European Community and Commonwealth Fund for Technical Cooperation and many other agencies who share the belief that effective management is key in bringing together the benefits of development to the people in the developing world.
Our mission is to build leaders, people, businesses and institutions which will make a positive difference in the quality of our people’s lives, today and tomorrow while leaving a historical legacy we can be proud of and be envy of others. Our focus is on leadership and management development in key strategic sector crucial for the development of the African continent.
Our vision is to build and grow our organization to become a Centre of Excellence in, management and human resources development. We are inspired by the intellectual capacity of our leaders in building people, businesses, institutions and the establishment of truly independent, democratically and properly governed societies enjoying improved qualities and high standards of living.
Our management development, training,education and consulting interventions have only one goal:
“To improve leadership and service delivery to our communities”
Our focus is on leadership and management development in key strategic sectors crucial for the development of Africa.
Our Approach: The Mananga Experience!
Mananga’s strength lies in its ability to identify shortfalls in knowledge and skills at organizational and individual level within the region. Secondly, it is Mananga’s ability to identify and tap on intellectual surplus and channel it to those who need it most. And, thirdly, it is Mananga’s ability to manage the process of transferring intellectual capital and expertise.
We draw our skills from the depth of our regional and international experience, to offer our clients what we proudly refer to as The Mananga Experience. We are judged by the quality of our products and services.Our approach is to create a partnership with each of our clients. We constantly strive to offer the best of our services. We know the difference between being ordinary and standing head and shoulder above the rest. We take the needs of our clients at heart. This makes us search for the continuous refinement and improvement that makes us a perfect partner, and we have organized our operations to make this a reality.
- We take special pride in who we are, what we do and how we do it; through self-respect, commitment to our work and respect of our fellow employees and our customers.
- We strive to be a centre of excellence which maintains high quality service delivery through consultation,encouraging feedback and responding both to staff and customer needs.
- Zero tolerance to corruption and corrupt practices is at the core of our business values.
- We recognize,appreciate and acknowledge diversities in culture, religious practices, racial differences and are committed to equality for all and universally acceptable democratic principles.
- Our staffs are reliable, trustworthy and committed to an organization of integrity.
Figure 1: Ms. H. Wallace (Graduate), Prof. M. Rukuni, Prof. Steve Carter, Dr. Ranga Taruvinga (Director, Mananga Centre) and Ms. M. Makonese (Graduate)
Mananga Staff and associates come from a wide variety of professional and academic backgrounds and have considerable experience in a large number of countries. Specialist interest includes general management, finance and accounting, human resources management, organizational development, governance, environment and natural resources, energy management, project management, conflict management and computers. Their normal involvement in the workplace means that they bring with them a wealth of knowledge on current management problems and solutions. The core of the Mananga staff includes:
- Dr. R. P. Taruvinga (Ph.D.; M.Sc.; Dip.Mgmt. BA Hon.) Managing Director.
- Mr.Collen Kamalizeni (BA. Hons; Dip Ed;) Head of Programmes and Operations.
- Mr. Cornelius Dlamini (MBA; B. Ed; Dip Adult Ed; Cert. Int. Trade) Management Consultant, Development Studies.
- Mr Chris Makufa (MBL; Post Grad M & E; B. Sc Economics) Business Consultant, Graduate Programs.
- Ms.Khosie Ndlangamandla (MA; BA Information Science) Management consultant, Innovation and Technology Studies.
- Mary L Mhazo (Ph.D. Pending; M.Sc. B.Sc.; Dip Agriculture ) Consultant, Environment & Agriculture.
- Mr. SM Jahidul Islam (M.Sc; B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering; Diploma in Electronics Engineering; CCNA & Linux Certified) Lecturer/Consultant, Innovation & Technology Studies.
- Phindile Dlamini (BA Humanities; PGCE), Lecturer/Consultant, Development studies, Community Development.
- Handi Taruvinga (MCTS; Adv. Dip: Micro Computer Tech; Dip: Software; Cert: Project Management; A+, Server+ and N+), Systems Administrator.
- Verna Mamba (BA Hist; Dip. Family & Child) Information and Resources Officer/Librarian.
|Dr. R. P. Taruvinga (Ph.D.; M.Sc.; Dip.Mgmt. BA Hon.) Managing Director.||Mr.Collen Kamalizeni (BA. Hons; Dip Ed;) Head of Programmes and Operations.||Mr. Cornelius Dlamini (MBA; B. Ed; Dip Adult Ed; Cert. Int. Trade) Management Consultant, Development Studies.||Mr Chris Makufa (MBL; Post Grad M & E; B. Sc Economics) Business Consultant, Graduate Programs.|
|Ms.Khosie Ndlangamandla (MA; BA Information Science) Management consultant, Innovation and Technology Studies.||Mary L Mhazo (Ph.D. Pending; M.Sc. B.Sc.; Dip Agriculture ) Consultant, Environment & Agriculture.||Mr. SM Jahidul Islam (M.Sc; B.Sc in Computer Science & Engineering; Diploma in Electronics Engineering; CCNA & Linux Certified) Lecturer/Consultant, Innovation & Technology Studies.||Phindile Dlamini (BA Humanities; PGCE), Lecturer/Consultant, Development studies, Community Development.|
|Handi Taruvinga (MCTS; Adv. Dip: Micro Computer Tech; Dip: Software; Cert: Project Management; A+, Server+ and N+), Systems Administrator.||Verna Mamba (BA Hist; Dip. Family & Child) Information and Resources Officer/Librarian.|
The accommodation is located to give the best view possible and all the rooms are beautifully furnished and self contained. Participants have access to a well stocked bar and a luxurious swimming pool. The open air amphitheatre offers a space where a variety of cultural and social events are held and participants can enjoy a game of life size chess.
Hilda’s Kitchen and dining room together with the catering team provide delicious mouth watering meals in a variety of dishes.
We offer modern training/conferencing rooms with a capacity to sit 15-45 people depending on the sitting arrangement. The training rooms are fully equipped with audiovisual equipment, projectors, whiteboards and comfortable furniture.
Information Resources Centre:
Our management information resources center includes books and articles on the latest information on management and development. We aim to develop the resource centre into a regional resource though innovative documentation and enhanced networking among professions and similar institutions. The developments in computers and information technology enable our participants to be linked on the Internet and the World Wide Web. This technological development, the international faculty, the location and facilities, and the mix of participants from different countries make a highly interactive and conducive learning environment.
Mananga strives to give the best in all it can do to ensure that its clients are fully satisfied with the products and services it provides. At Mananga we take quality, flexibility and efficiency as given and then look for ways to go the extra mile. You are guaranteed a full professional service from all the staff at Mananga.
Recent Consulting and Training Assignments
This includes short term consulting not exceeding 3 months, as well as project management of 1-3 years. For example in, Mananga has provided training of trainers and materials development assistance to selected national institutions throughout SADC to strengthen their capacity to deliver top quality rural development training. Recent and current assignments include
- Comprehensive RBM Capacity Building for HIVService Organization, Regional AIDS Training Network, Nairobi Kenya
- E based M &E system, COMESA, Lusaka Zambia
- Micro Project Community Capacity Building Project, Ministry of Finance, Swaziland.
- Management of Change, Ministry For East African Cooperation, Tanzania
- NEPAD-CAADP Country Team facilitation,
- Result Based Management Training Materials Development, Uongozi Institute, Tanzania
- Results Based Management Training, Uongozi Institute, Tanzania
- Small Holder Sugar Farmer Training in Business Skill, TongaatHulliet, Xinavane, Mozambique
- SPTC-Swaziland, Bes Practice Performance Training, Swaziland
Our main business focus is to offer training and related organizational Read more -
The accommodation is located to give the best view possible Read more -
Mananga 2014 Course Schedule.Read more -